Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I explain to my boyfriend that I need to break up with him?

My mum thinks Im a little angel and also that I'm not old enough to date, but really ive been secretly dating for about 1 and half years. She seems 2 think you shouldn't even think about looking at someone of the opposite sex until you are like 25 even though she was married with a child at 23. Ive only had two long-term boyfriends but when she ever gets a hint of whats going on I have to make up some story and lie to her. I love my bf and am now friends with all his friends at our school but i dont want to keep lying to my mum, I can't handle it right now. I have to admit he's a little clingy at times but if I break up with him, I'm afraid he will hurt himself. He has a slight reputation as an emo, which he isn't but he does get depressed very easily and has cut himself before. I know for a fact because he confided in me, that he often feels really bad about his relationships with other girls and i know they treated him badly and he feels like he screwed them up. I dont want 2 do thisHow do I explain to my boyfriend that I need to break up with him?
I believe that the best course of action is to explain this all to your mother. You obviously like the guy, so make the effort at home to try and keep him. If all hell breaks loose at home then just ask your mother these simple series of questions. 'Would you like me to leave home? or runaway over this? I love you mum and respect everything that you have taught me, but I love this guy. You can't expect me not to have any feelings? Please try and respect me a little and believe that I can make my own decisions? If it makes it any better how about I invite him round? hopefully you will see a glimpse of what I see'.





I know the prospect of inviting your boyfriend round seems a nightmare, but it will be a situation that a parent would like to be in. You gotta compromise in these situations.





Good LuckHow do I explain to my boyfriend that I need to break up with him?
If you're happy with your relationship, then you shouldn't break up with him because of some interference, because nobody has the right to tell you what to do and not do. But on the other hand if you feel that you must stop lying to your mum and you're feeling guilty about it then there you should tell your b/f the truth. He will get hurt obviously and I think that he will start to hate a bit your mum too.





I suggest you to talk with your mother and tell her the truth about how you are feeling towards this guy. Tell her that nowadays is different from her days. When she was young there was the trend that you will start a relationship with a guy at the age of 25 or more but today is different. Tell her that you have feelings to him and you don't want to loose him. I'm sure that if you insist with her, she will surrender because no mother wants her daughter/son unhappy with the way of living.





But at the end of the day it has to be you to decide what you shall do with your life dear.





Hope this helps and Good Luck hun.
Be honest with your mum... Talk to her and let her understand you... If she approves with the relationship, then you wont be having any worries.... and if she doesn't, tell your boyfriend about the situation, i think you must share the problem with him.
if you only wanna break with him cos you feel bad about lying to your mother then just tell her and stay with him if you really dont wanna be with him stop leading him on and dump him
I think it will be wise to tell your boyfriend the truth.As you said that to break up with him will hurt him,but you must note that the more you be in this relationship be more you are increasing his chances of being hurt.If you truly care about him then you will do the right thing.
tell him he has no experiance I want a man not a boy I have been dating behind your back that should do it
put yourself in his shoes, work out if it was you being dumped what would make it easier for you to handle, i think if you love the guy then dont end it you may regret it but if it is wjat you want to do then go for it as if hes goning to do it he's gona do it no matter what you say and theres no point in staying with someone if your feelings arnt the same anymore
Just be honest about it. it will hurt him more if he discovers you're lying to him. try to explain what you are feeling. you'll be hurt too since you love him.


it won't be easy dear. Good luck.
Just tell your mom about it and see if she can't let the 2 of you keep dating. If not, then she can break it to him in a why that's not harming.
just do it ,dont go for explaining
You need to tell the truth. Don't play games and tell him the truth. It's always going to hurt but he'll appreciate in the long run if you don't string him along. Take care.
hmmm thats a tough one,tell him u have aids
Well if you love your boyfriend why break up with him? i think its your mum that you need to talk too.


Explain to her that dating is a healthy natural way to grow up, everyone needs to do it.


good luck
Nobody can make the decision for you. Just ask yourself, do you want to be with him? If you do then it's not up to your mum. My cousin was under the thumb with her parents and now she seems to have emotional problems, and i know alot of it is because she can't have a boyfriend
Tell him you think he may be a puff.
It doesn't matter how you say you want to breakup. The fact is,, you can't fight for him... and I feel so sorry for your man. Take responsibility for your choices. If you choose to have a boyfriend, then be prepared to tell your mother about it. Your cowardice only brings about pain NOT ONLY FOR YOU,, but also for your MOM who you're lying to,, and your boyfriend.





By giving that kind of excuse to break up with your man, it only means that you were never really serious with him in the first place.
First of all relax. I'm just coming out of this (with the exception that my boy's turned phyco had is threatening me xD).





Now, the first thing you need to think about it is cutting. If it bothers you, talk to him about it. Let him know who you don't like it and that it really bothers you. Nag him if he does and threaten to break-up with him if he was to ever do it again.





If he's not cutting while your with him (currently I assume), still talk to him about how it bothers you. Also, talk about how your mum doesn't approve of you dating yet, and that you don't like lying to her. Either ask him to at least try to see things your way, or have him come over someday and talk to your mother about it. If you don't want to tell your mother, I'd propose you still tell him that you don;t like the lying, and that you can't keep it up forever.





There's not much you can do about him being 'emo' other than talk to him and support him to help him see the better things in life. Sports (as much as some hate them) really are amazing and help. When I got into football, it was a complete 180. I'd say it all depends on what sport floats your boat.





Good luck!
By the sounds of it, your Mum is right.
This is a very awkward situation. Firstly do not lie to your mother. If she finds out she will find it very difficult not to trust you in the future.U are very lucky because most parents dont trust their kids.If you are honest about it she will respect you and start seeing you as an adult. I think its very wrong to stay with someone for the sake of their mentality.What your bf is doing is emotional blackmail.What if he cheats and hurts you? Are you gonna stay with him because he might hurt himself?Thsi is not fair on you.Nobody should be obligated to stay in a relationship.If your bf respects you then he will give you breathing ground to be honest with your mom because this is obviously upsetting you. This might sound like a cliche but ';The truth shall set you free';


Good luck sweety!
jesus !!! long term.... dating for 1 and 1/2 years... 2 long term boyf????


still at school... sorry but its hardly long term..!





you wanna dump him but you really love him...?





this questions full of contradictions... it doesnt sound like youre ready for 'long term' and readin between the lines about his clingy behaviour i think you know this yourself.





he sounds like he is desperate for affection..(i dont mean hes desperate for goin out with you.. dont take offence) and if hes cut himself more than once before i think you should tell somebody before it escalates... self harm can be very addictive.


his parents probably no use cos if he was close to them he wouldnt hav the issues he has.





my advice would be to be honest and tell your mum that you have been dating.. and after shes got over the shock ( if any) tell her about this boy and your worries.self harm is serious... people who do it usually have emotional issues which can be helped either through family or profesionally sometimes even needing medication.


this situation could get out of hand... and if youre the only one who knows ... how bad will you feel if he goes too far???


get advice ... TODAY!!!
i dont want to suck your d ick anymore
  • c++
  • ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment