Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I help him deal with a break-up?

One of my good guy-friends just got dumped by his girlfriend over the phone. He called me and I gave him some pep talk to make him feel better. I've gone through a break-up before, except I was cheated on, before, so I can relate to what he's feeling. Unfortunately, I took the cutting route rather than actually 'dealing' with it. I really want to give him the best advice %26amp; make him feel great about himself. Any suggestions?How do I help him deal with a break-up?
here's what you do:





What kind of closure do you need?





Let go, find someone else, get married, and live well.





That's all you need. Her actions should be enough. Why should you have to tell her off? What do you need to prove? Just let go.





If you absolutely NEED to get revenge, then this is what you do:





Live well. The best revenge is to live well, and get everything you ever wanted in life. Live well in spite of the people that crap in your Post Toasties. Live well, and be generous with the people that took from you. Let them understand their mistake, and be reminded of it as you live well while totally moving beyond them.





Nothing burns worse than to know you had something great, and botched it because you were a fool. And the best part is that you don't even need to say anything. All you have to do is live a good life and forget about them.





THAT is how you get closure.How do I help him deal with a break-up?
I don't deal with break ups too much. just make him feel special.

No comments:

Post a Comment